The Mountain Shelter relies on the generous support of its donors. Donations of money or items can be made in various ways. See the list below for more details.
Everyday items are necessary to maintain our operation. Use the form below to donate new or used items that can be put to good use. Be sure to indicate your phone number so we can contact you.
- Cat Food – Purina Dry or Canned, Kitten and Adult
- Dog Food – Purina Dry or Canned, Puppy and Adult
- Cat Litter and Litter Deodorizers
- Pooper Scoopers, Litter Pans
- Cat and Dog Carriers for Transport
- Folding Crates for Offsite Adoptions
- Dog and Cat Beds – Donate a Kuranda Bed!!!!
- Bandanas, Shampoos (especially flea and tick), Brushes, Combs, Nail Clippers
- Flea Control Products (Frontline, Advantage, Promeris, Comfortis, Adams Sprays, etc.)
- Tennis Balls, Toys for Dogs and Cats, Peanut Butter for Kong Stuffings
- Treats, Biscuits, Rawhides, Greenies, Bones
- Leashes, Collars, Choke Collars, Gentle Leaders, Harnesses
- Small Rugs, Blankets, Towels, Washcloths
- Toilet Tissue and Paper Towel Cardboard inserts (used for toys and hiding treats)
- Chicken and Beef Broth – Boullion or Crystals
- Any Cleaning Supplies
- Any Office Supplies
- 33-Gallon Garbage Bags
- Copy Paper
- Toilet Tissue
- Paper Towels
- Antibacterial Hand Soap
- Any and All Household Tools
Monetary donations will be accepted anytime including at adoption days or at the Shelter. They can also be mailed to:
Humane Society’s Mountain Shelter
P.O. Box 1252
Blairsville GA 30514
or, donate online via PayPal
Memorials – Donations can be made in honor or in memory of a beloved pet or a loved one. All memorial donations are recognized with a personal note to the family of the deceased.
Food – Food can be donated in the bins located at either of the Ingles stores in Hiawassee or Blairsville or can be brought directly to the Shelter.