Any non-profit organization is only as good as its volunteers. The Mountain Shelter and Thrift Stores are always looking for enthusiastic animal lovers willing to work for the cause – the animals. You may contact the Shelter at (706) 781-3843 or stop by during our hours of operation.
There are many ways to volunteer including:
Shelter Work – “hands-on” work with the animals, like cleaning, loving, feeding, loving, walking, bathing, loving, petting. Your time can also be spent helping to answer the phone and other duties.
- Located: 129 Bowling Gap Circle, Blairsville, GA 30512
- Hours of Operation – 10:30am-4pm Monday-Saturday; Closed Sundays
- Call The Shelter at 706.781.3843
Thrift Stores – The stores are run by a few employees and a lot of volunteer help.
- Locations in Blairsville & Hiawassee Georgia
- Hours of Operation – 10 AM to 4 PM Monday through Saturday day; closed Sunday.
- Call the Thrift Stores at 706-745-0033 in Blairsville and 706-896-7548 in Hiawassee to sign up.
Fundraisers – Fundraisers are a very important part of our organization as we survive on donations and fundraising. To this end we will hold special events throughout the year to help raise the money needed to support operational expenses, day to day supplies, spay/neuter program, medicine, food and much more! For fundraiser dates, see our Calendar of Events. We would love to have you volunteer your time for one of our events, if interested please contact the Shelter at (706) 781-3843.
Adoption Days – Dogs and Cats from the shelter are taken to off-site locations for viewing and adoption. Adoption Days usually occur on the first Saturday of the month at Nelson’s Ace Hardware in Blairsville, weather permitting. See our Calendar of Events.